WALT to use descriptive language to help create an image (picture) in our reader's head
- Use adjectives to describe the noun
- Use adverbs to describe the verb (describe how the action is happening)
- Use a range of verbs to explain what is happening
- Use a range of nouns that help us identify with a colour
Black is the Colour of…….
- A wicked witch zooming dangerously from castle to castle in search of potions
- A lazy cat waiting patiently by the roaring fire for its night-time feed
- A majestic panther stalking its prey tactfully through the dense forest
- A piece of licorice inviting me to sneak it from the brightly coloured box
Red is the colour of ……..
- Slippery lipstick running down my face
- A bright red Ferrari zooming fast in the race
- Blood running down my foot, puddling on the ground
- A rotten strawberry smelling like cheese
- The sweet juicy raspberry dripping from my mouth as I bite into it
- A juicy watermelon inviting me to chomp on it
- The courageous vampire biting into a man’s fresh skin squirting blood
Green is the colour of ……..
A Neon green Lambo Racing furiously down the street
Green Grass Flowing rapidly on the Football Field
A Green Nike Football Rolling swiftly into the goal
Green Leaves Flying majestically through the wind
A watermelon Exploding literally like a volcano